Director of the blocked Kurdish theatre play: We will continue to produce

img
ÊLIH - Yakup Selimoğlu, the director of the theatre play "Qral û Travis", which was prevented from being staged by the Patnos District Governorate, emphasized that they will continue to produce for the development of Kurdish art against the bans.
 
The Kurdish theatre play called "Qral û Travis", which was planned to be performed in Agirî's Panos (Patnos) district on January 17, was blocked by the district governor's decision. The District Governorate prevented the theatre play to be played at the Culture and Arts Center of Panos Municipality without giving any reason. Yakup Selimoğlu, the director of the theatre play, and Deniz Özer, one of the actors, evaluated the ban decision.
 
SELİMOĞLU: WE WILL CONTINUE PRODUCING
 
Director Selimoğlu said that official institutions are in a "ridiculous situation" with such decisions. Selimoğlu said: "Today, dozens of Kurdish theatre plays are performed simultaneously in dozens of cities in Turkey. Each ban gives rise to dozens of Kurdish plays in itself. We will not accept the bans on Kurdish. We will continue to produce for the development of Kurdish language, culture and art.”
 
ÖZER: IT IS ENOUGH TO BE IN KURDISH
 
Player Özer stated that the theatre in question had been published in many languages before, but it was not banned. Pointing out that the theatre play was blocked because it was performed in Kurdish, Özer said: "The fact that the theatre play is in Kurdish is enough for them. This is a decision taken against Kurd culture and language. The decision to ban it was made immediately, without looking at the content. The theatre play tells about an event that took place in America. We absolutely do not accept this. Previous decisions have been made to ban Kurdish. However, no ban or blocking attempt will prevent us from living our culture and language. Despite this decision, we will carry out more Kurdish language, more Kurdish theatre, and more cultural and artistic works."
 
CONTENT OF THE GAME
 
Travis Pine (Qral û Travîs); Travis is a middle-income citizen who has been disappointed by the US government many times, has been fired from his job, and despite living on the brink of starvation, loves his country very much and cannot remain insensitive to the problems in the country. Travis thinks that the president is mismanaging the country and that the situation is getting worse day by day, and he starts writing letters criticizing him. As a result of the President reading these letters and being negatively affected, one day his door is knocked on by FBI agent Tom Walker. Agent Walker's mission is to get Travis Pine to stop writing letters to the president. The game tells a current, funny and entertaining story through grumpy old man Travis Pine. It also reveals the severe damage that the US government and its complex administrators have inflicted on the world and humanity.
 
MA / Fethi Balaman
 

View More Articles

30/12/2024
15:47 Commemoration of health labourers killed during curfews
15:05 2024 conflict balance sheet
13:56 Lawyers applies to meet with Abdullah Öcalan
13:11 Turkey games in Damascus
12:24 Comprehensive statement will be in new year says DEM Party
12:23 'Öcalan has once again demonstrated power of solution'
11:41 Mass action planned at 3 points of the border
10:55 Resisting for the oppressed is obligatory says religious scholars
10:39 Millions shouts for 'freedom' throughout the year
10:22 'Gender inequality is the cause of violence'
09:36 Yağınlı case closes despite village guards' confession, 'We killed him'
28/12/2024
13:39 Turkey must get rid of Kurdish phobia says lawyer at the border vigil
11:19 New attack could be catastrophic says journalist Erk Acarer
10:28 If the war stops, the crisis will end says Peace Mothers
10:09 'We owe a debt to those who write the truth'
27/12/2024
15:15 Call from 1043 citizens: Take urgent steps for peace and democracy
14:23 Ban to 14 regions in Şirnex
14:01 Families applies to go İmralı
13:56 DFG provides legal assistance to 152 journalists in 2024
12:34 The roles assigned to HTS
10:51 Today is the day of unity says Rojavan on Nisêbîn-Qamishlo border
09:47 Mothers at border in 2014: Let's embrace Kobanê with spirit of 2014
09:39 Politicians reacts to murder of Nazım and Cihan
09:30 'Pressures increased in Dumlu Prison No. 2'
09:28 Price of demand justice for Roboski: 17 trials, years in prison
26/12/2024
18:54 Lawyer Solidarity: We stand by the Istanbul Bar Association. Nazım and Cihan are journalists
18:51 Vigil at the Qamishlo border on its 14th day: We are the heart of Rojava
18:40 Vigil on Kobanê border: We will protect life in Rojava
16:06 İHD warns of life threat for seriously ill prisoners
15:16 Constitutional Court rejects Imrali prisoner's 'telephone' application
14:31 We are strong enough to defend what we have says PYD executive
14:01 Autonomous Administration emphasises 'democratic nation' against conflicts
13:46 Call from artists: Let's stand up for Rojava
13:13 Lawyers applies to meet with Abdullah Öcalan
13:12 Resisting father on border: Lost 2 children, 1 child imprisoned
12:18 We will not stop writing the truth says journalists
12:17 Torture file closed on the grounds '7 years have passed'
11:27 709 deaths, 8,521 release obstacle, countless violations
11:26 Ministry authorises 175 quarries in 3 months
10:40 She lost her brother in massacre, and mother in struggle of justice
09:58 Zêbarî: Threat to Rojava affects four parts
Berwari: The only solution is for Turkey to leave the region
09:12 5 journalists killed in Israeli attack
25/12/2024
11:48 There is a great hope for Kurdish alliance says Sheikh Xeznewî
11:18 Salih Muslim: We are part of Syria and want to be part of solution
10:26 War crimes committed by Turkey
09:44 Pinto: Ending the isolation of Öcalan, a matter of peace
09:25 'His house rake, he forced to migrate, his testimony tried to be changed'
09:15 Message of women in 2024: Jin, jiyan, azadî
24/12/2024
16:03 Vigil at Pirsûs-Kobanê border
15:00 Grain silo bombed in Girê Spî