Statement from Bar Association regarding nature plunder in Botan

img

ŞIRNEX- Şirnex Bar Association stated that they will take the necessary initiatives against the nature plunder in Botan and that they are following the process.

Tree slaughter by village guards under military orders continues in Şirnex's Besta, Cudî, Gabar and finally in Elkê's Komatê village. Şirnex Bar Association Environment and Urban Commission made a written statement regarding the nature plunder in the region.
 
Stating that they will fight against the continuous plunder, the Bar Association made the following statements in its statement:
 
"Despite the applications we make every year, criminal complaints and the reports we submit to the public regarding the nature massacre in Şırnak, the attempt to leave the region treeless and dry continues where it left off. As can be seen from the complaints received by our bar association and the images we have received, the same process is followed as every year. As of the summer season, these cuts and destructions increase rapidly, and hundreds of tons of endemic and historical trees are destroyed every day. As we said before, Şırnak nature is being sacrificed for profit and what is wanted is an area equipped with mines and a nature turned into a construction site.
 
WE FOLLOW THE PROCESS CLOSELY
 
We will demonstrate our will and determination to continue the legal process as it is, and we will not turn a blind eye to our nature being plundered before our eyes. We respectfully announce to the public that we are closely following this process, which is followed meticulously by our Environment and Urban Commission and which continues despite the Ombudsman decision we have previously taken, and that we will take the necessary initiatives."
 

View More Articles

21/08/2025
10:57 Listening is not enough, legal reforms are necessary says Prof. Ergil
10:00 50 women reported violence in just 8 months to IHAMED
09:39 Ministry confirms pressuring students to act as informants
09:12 Dicle Erdem: Gülistan’s legacy will never be forgotten
20/08/2025
17:14 From Peace Mothers to Commission: On what basis will guerrillas back?
16:50 Peace Mother Nezahat Teke heard in Parliament: Commission should meet with Öcalan
16:40 Saturday Mothers listed their demands: Establish a Truth Commission
15:11 Peace Mothers at the commission meeting: Our pain is common
13:17 Nibel Genç releases after 31 years
12:01 Commission to listen Peace Mother
11:22 31 years Prisoner’s release blocked due to ‘unrealised action’
09:56 Commission member Fırat: Steps must also be taken on the Alevi issue
09:25 Topics deemed ‘untouchable’ must be openly discussed says IHD member
09:24 ‘Meeting with Öcalan would strengthen credibility of the process’
09:23 The 1st of September Peace Day kickoff to take place in Riha
19/08/2025
15:33 Arslan, Sofi and Babur commemorated
15:19 Commission held its 4th meeting: Emphasis on 'social consent'
14:09 Acces ban to ETHA for the 5th time
13:56 150 DAESH attacks in Deir Ez-zor in the last 8 months
12:49 Attack on villages in Suwayda
12:14 Wan prepares for major rally of peace process
11:27 Commission to hear from bereaved today
11:00 A person burnt his 'Toros' branded vehicle in front of the parliament
10:36 Journalist Kaya: The only way for Turkey in Syria is to overcome Kurdish phobia
09:18 Îdir Bar Association Head: The Commission must implement legal regulations
09:17 Religious Scholar Deniz: The Commission must meet with Öcalan for a real solution
18/08/2025
16:05 "Ideology of Women's Liberation" workshop in Kato Marunis
14:55 Gülten Akgül releases after 31 years
13:33 Commission to hear families of victims and civil society groups
13:17 The provocative language in media must change says Journalist Eren
12:09 Tens of thousands gathered in concert in Gever
12:07 Mexmûr residents receiving Öcalan’s message: Ready to take all responsibilities
10:42 Women lead the way: Demand for 'freedom for Öcalan' becomes universal
09:38 Ocalan's freedom is critical to the process says Stephen Smellie
17/08/2025
16:13 X censors Baloch women's resistance
14:47 Philosopher Zabala: Öcalan’s efforts must not be in vain
12:18 Mass grave in Mosul
10:21 Call to investigation into Sincan Prison conditions
10:13 Ocalan drawing a realistic roadmap says Journalist Turkone
16/08/2025
10:18 Peace Academic Kaya: Meeting with Öcalan accelerates the process
10:10 Baloch women resist for their rights and freedoms
15/08/2025
13:04 Despite isolation, Ocalan seeks to foster a mindset for resolution says Kocyigit
11:04 Fight against drugs in Êlih: An issue to be resolved
09:44 Every moment of his life was a struggle, say siblings of Koçero Urfa
08:56 Operation against IBB: Detention warrant for 44 people
14/08/2025
16:57 YPS Member Zal commemorated on his grave: We are ready to be comrades
16:37 IHD: Prisoners' right to life and health are violated in Êlih
15:26 Criminal complaint against specialised sergeant for violence against child
14:00 Release of 14 prisoners postponed in Karabuk Prison
13:45 Commemoration held for victims of the Dîgor Massacre