8 thousand years of history under mine threat

  • actual
  • 10:06 23 January 2020
  • |
img

AYDIN ​​- The mines established in the Beşparmak Mountains known as "Latmos" in antique ages are threatening the history of 8 thousand years. EKODOSD President Bahattin Sürücü said: ""There should not be mining trucks, but tour buses carrying eco-tourists in these mountains."

 
The rock paintings in the region extending from Bağarcık village of Koçarlı District in Beşparmak Mountains, known as Latmos in ancient times spreading to Aydın and Muğla, are under the threat of mines. Dynamite eruptions destroyed many prehistoric rock paintings under the rocks.
 
APPLICATIONS REMAIN UNANSWERED
 
Kuşadası Ecosystem Protection and Nature Lovers Association (EKODOSD), which is in the attempts to protect the historical rock paintings, applied to the General Directorate of Nature Conservation and National Parks on September 8, 2015 to make the mountain a National Park. However, despite the passing time, the application has not yet been answered. EKODOSD has also collected 40,000 signatures for the closure of the mines that have caused destruction, and applied to 5 institutions including Ministry of Culture and Tourism and the Mİnistry of Agriculture, so far all applications remain unanswered.
 
Stating that the dynamites detonated in the mines are the biggest enemies of the historical heritage, President of EKODOSD Bahattin Sürücü said: "There should not be mining trucks, but tour buses carrying eco-tourists in these mountains." Sürücü pointing out that the mines are not only threatening the natural landscape but also destroying the rock paintings, said the mining caused the rock paintings dissappear.
 
Sürücü said: "Even in the frame drawn in the vicinity, there are now about 8 mines. Areas that are not registered by the Cultural Heritage Conservation Board are under complete threat, and new mine can be opened there at any time. Because the institutions that can only register places where cultural assets exist. So if there is no cultural presence in the mountain, nothing can be done. But if there is a National Park here, both the historical structures and the nature can be saved from the mines."
 
 
MA / Esra Solin Dal

View More Articles

25/09/2020
15:40 24-hour lawyer restriction imposed on HDP members detained
13:50 Sancar: They are attacking as they are losing, and losing more while attacking
13:49 HDP: The operation was planned at the MGK and the wedding at the palace
12:59 HDP Central Executive Board hold emergency meeting
12:47 From the people of Kars to Bilgen: This city is proud of you
12:46 Tanrıkulu: Operation against HDP is a wedding gift to the 'Palace'
12:46 Families submit application to visit İmralı
11:44 Are you still looking for proof?
09:33 'Kobané' operation against HDP: Scores under custody
24/09/2020
16:00 ECtHR accepts the application for Hesekê water
14:57 'End double standards in forest fires'
11:48 Musa Orhan motion rejected on grounds of being 'hurtful'
11:48 106th application from the lawyers
11:47 'Judicial control order is a method of submission'
10:06 HDP MPs: Attempted murder by state
23/09/2020
17:31 Gülsüm Elvan: I didn't give birth to my son for you to kill him
15:55 Two people detained over attack on health workers in Ankara
15:53 First photo of Turgut, thrown out of a helicopter
13:56 Refugees walks for months without food and water
13:55 Osman Şiban who was thrown out of a helicopter arrived at his home in Mersin
13:54 Eye witness: They were perfectly fine when they got on the helicopter
13:20 TSK operations turns out to be copy pasted
12:23 After David Graeber: Kurds lost their ally, the world lost an intellectual guide
12:22 First words of Osman Şiban
22/09/2020
15:40 Military hospital doctors: Şiban is unable to give his statement
14:39 HDP met with embassy representatives of 26 EU member states
13:38 Lawyers of Şiban and Turgut: Governorate is clueless about the case
12:37 Prison sentence requested for Journalist Temizkan
12:22 No news from Iranian Ali Hajılon, who was released 12 days ago
12:21 'Poor kids drop out of school, looking for a job'
12:21 Decision of non prosecution of torture with baseball bat
09:19 Şiban thrown out of a helicopter forcibly taken to military hospital
09:18 1 year 2 months prison sentence for İhsan Eliaçık,
09:17 Statement of Van Governorate not in accord with withness statements
21/09/2020
16:45 Abducted HDP executive applies to the Human Rights Organisation
14:23 Gendermerie raids wedding, villagers rebels against the harrassment: 21 rangers lay down arms
14:21 Kurdish team Dalkurd cencored: 123456789
12:21 10 years 6 months prison sentence for Journalist Karataş
11:11 Journalist Oruç to remain in prison
11:05 'Öcalan is the key to peace'
11:00 Relatives of the two men thrown out of the helicopter, threatened with death
19/09/2020
16:54 Sick prisoner who died in prison buried under police blockade
14:53 From Aydeniz to the UN: If there is a war crime, why don't you take a step?
14:52 HDP: The AKP-MHP government and its subordinates will definitely be prosecuted
11:03 Musa Anter will be commemorated in two places on the 28th year of his murder
10:41 Kidnapped HDP CEB member Aktumur: This is an attack against the idea of HDP
09:40 Criminal complaint against torture: Soldiers told they will shoot us
18/09/2020
14:24 Anti-fascist bloc move from HDP
12:08 Mother whose son on hunger strike in prison: Hear their voices
10:13 HDP's Dağ: Government uses JİTEM tactics