Mehmet Bal is missing for 30 days: Phone signal prinout given to family turns out doctored

  • actual
  • 10:34 24 February 2020
  • |
img

İSTANBUL - The printout of the phone signals of Mehmet Bal who came to İstanbul to visit his son in prison on January 24 and went missing was given to the family. His son Nihat Bal says the list in the printout is doctored.

Mehmet Bal who came to İstanbul to visit his son in prison on January 24 from Batman have gone missing after his visit to his relatives in Bağcılar following the prison visitation a month ago. Since then, all the efforts of the family searching him did not give any results. While Bal family thinks the work done by the police searching their father is insufficient, family insists on investigating the city surveillance cameras. 
 
While the printout the prosecutor's office gave to the family of Mehmet Bal's phone signals shows that there is signal in his phone between 09.00 and 18.32 that day, the signals are cut between 18.31 and 21.11.
 
Bal's son Nihat Bal says he called his father at 21.05 and there was a signal for a short time and then there was a busy signal. Bal says the prinout given to them is doctored and that the phone rang when he called him at the time the printout claims there was no signal. Bal says he has his own phone signal prinout to prove that he was able to call his father at that time. 
 
Bal stating that they keep going to the Gayrettepe Police Station to learn about the developments about their father but the police always told them to go wait at home with an attitude, said the police also told them not to apply to anywhere else. Bal said: "We don't know what to do. We just want our father to be found as soon as possible."
 
MA / Erdoğan Alayumat 

View More Articles

07/11/2020
11:54 Prison guards to prisoners: You're gonna end up dead anyway
11:54 Artist Benli was sentenced to 10 months for sweing his matress
11:53 Trifle fine for police who killed two minors sleeping in their home with a water cannon
09:56 No criminal investigation against destruction of gravestone
07:51 Journalist İbrahim Karakaş remanded in custody
06/11/2020
15:20 30 students detained in YÖK protests
15:19 October Press report of DFG: 11 journalists detained, 4 arrested
15:05 Kurdish politicians: We are one, we don't want to face each other
15:04 PYNK member Bektaş: Turkey is afraid of the recognition of the Autonomous Administration
15:01 Kurdistan Alliance: National Unity is everyone's responsibility
15:00 Journalists Salaz: If the clashes begin, it won't be limited with the mountains
12:28 Families submit application to visit İmralı
12:27 Dozens of families made AKP members in return for aid
12:12 Operation against Education Union: 13 teachers detained
12:12 HDP announces 'Democratic Action Program'
04/11/2020
16:23 HDP Women's Assembly: We are taking to streets against male-state violence
16:22 Police storms HDP Osmaniye District Organization building
16:02 2 years 4 months prison sentence for Roza- Country of Two Rivers documentary
14:45 November 4 message from imprisoned HDP MPs
10:45 Search and rescue efforts ends: 114 people died
10:28 HDP statement on November 4: Democratic politics continues
10:15 Attorneys of citizens thrown from helicopter applies to Constitutional Court
10:14 İzmir earthquake: Death toll hits 112
10:14 ISIS claims responsibility for Vienna shooting
10:13 Three more HDP politicians imprisoned in "Kobanê investigation"
03/11/2020
14:26 Men killed 29 women in a month
14:25 Yoleri: Detainees went on a hunger strike
12:39 Attorneys of Öcalan submit new application for İmralı
12:39 Prisoner suffering from cancer diagnosed with Covid-19 in prison
10:17 İzmir earthquake: Death toll hits 100
10:16 Xelef from the Êzidî Women's Committee: We don't want those who betrayed and ran away
10:15 Death toll in İzmir rises to 95
02/11/2020
16:37 Co-chairs attending the congress of their own party deemed a crime
15:26 Osman Şiban: They pushed us from the helicopter into the crowd of soldiers with the two bodies
15:19 Governorate ignores the way Şerali Dereli was murdered!
14:08 Osman Şiban: They threw us from the helicopter, nearly 150 soldiers lynched us...
11:38 291 thousand 546 people in prison in Turkey
11:24 Gökkan, detained 83 times so far, more than 200 investigations against her
11:15 Death toll rises to 79 in İzmir earthquake
11:14 Bag bill aims to create 'Young slaves'
11:12 Death toll in İzmir earthquake rises to 73
01/11/2020
15:10 Soldiers killed a villager and his horse
31/10/2020
15:50 Attorneys appeal to visit Öcalan rejected
13:26 Yeni Yaşam Women Supplement on shelves tomorrow
13:23 Êzidî intellectuals: they want to complete what ISIS left unfinished in Shengal
12:18 İzmir spent the night on the streets
12:18 Kobané resistance showed everyone's true colours
10:29 Youth taking action for the 'Freedom of Öcalan'
10:28 Balance sheet of earthquake getting heavier: 24 dead
10:28 Koca: We have lost 21 people in the earthquake