KNK member Uzun: OPCW applies double standards

  • actual
  • 11:44 30 August 2022
  • |
img
NEWS CENTER - Pointing out that chemical weapons attacks have increased in the Federated Kurdistan Region, KNK Member Uzun said that the OPCW does not accept the reports sent by independent institutions on the use of chemical weapons.
 
The attacks launched by the AKP against the Zap, Metîna and Avaşîn regions of the Federated Kurdistan Region on April 14 in cooperation with the Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP) continue. According to the announced balance sheets, chemical weapons and tactical nuclear weapons were used at least 1,500 times in the ongoing war with AKP-KDP cooperation. The silence of international institutions against war crimes continues. Despite all the calls, the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) has not taken action so far. Kurdistan National Congress (KNK) Member Adem Uzun made evaluations to the Fırat News Agency (ANF) regarding the ongoing war in Zap, Metina and Avaşîn and Turkey's use of banned weapons.
 
Indicating that the OPCW remained silent despite the reports prepared by the Committee Against the Use of Chemical Weapons in the Federated Kurdistan Region and many regional and international organizations, Uzun pointed out that the region is completely under chemical weapons attacks.
 
KNK Member Adem Uzun
 
CHEMICAL WEAPON ATTACKS INCREASED
 
Expressing that Turkey's chemical attacks have increased, Uzun said: "No results could be obtained due to the lack of research in the region. The families of HPG members who lost their lives in the chemical weapons attack sent dozens of letters to the authorized institutions, and international Kurdish institutions sent reports to the relevant authorities, various states and institutes but some states have responded. For example, in the response from Germany, it was stated that they were aware of these chemical attack allegations, but the OPCW had still not obtained any evidence but the OPCW will deal with it when they have the evidence."
 
THE DOUBLE STANDARD OF THE OPCW
 
Expressing that the OPCW did not accept the evidence presented by some independent institutions and individuals, Uzun said: “They did not accept the reports and evidence brought from the region, they did not accept the data and parts brought from the region. As if that were not enough, they still do not send commissions and working groups to the region to carry out these researches. OPCW has stated that state-level authorities should request this for research to be conducted in the region. Despite very serious allegations, video footage, international protests and all the calls of the international public, the OPCW still does not take action. This is definitely a double standard. This is not recognizing their own laws and rules, but they are also trying to manipulate the international public opinion in this way."
 
OPCW BREAKS THE RULES
 
Stating that the OPCW, of which 193 countries are members, and the member states are working together, Uzun said: “The states have representatives in the OPCW and the OPCW has representatives in these states. These states have commissions dealing with banned weapons in their mechanisms, and these states do not take any action in the OPCW. This means: these states and the OPCW do not recognize their own rules and they hide them.”
 
THE PEOPLE ARE NEGATIVELY AFFECTED
 
Expressing that the people in the region where chemical weapons attacks were also affected negatively, Uzun said: “Turkey is a NATO member and they use tactical nuclear weapons, tactical nuclear bombs are strictly prohibited. Maybe they don't use bombs on the scale in Nagasaki and Hiroshima, but these are the same weapons used today. Although in lesser doses, they are still weapons that permanently leave the same damage to nature, environment and people in Kurdistan."
 
NATO's STRATEGY
 
Emphasizing that despite all the evidence, there was no condemnation from any NATO country regarding Turkey's use of chemical weapons, Uzun continued his words as follows: “This is NATO's strategy and NATO protects its members from the war crimes they commit, when they use chemical weapons and violate international laws. We have to say that it protects. NATO has made a dirty deal with Erdogan through the Kurds so that he can do his ethnic cleansing and genocide against the Kurds. In fact, it not only gives the green light to the use of chemical weapons, but also  causes Erdogan to violate international law, leading to new ethnic cleansing and confusion in the region.”
 
 
 

View More Articles

10/10/2023
13:36 Autonomous Administration: Liberation of occupied lands is our strategic goal
12:22 New meeting application from Abdullah Öcalan's lawyers
11:46 Journalists: Türkiye wants to achieve what ISIS failed
11:06 Northern and Eastern Syria united against attacks
11:05 Daughter of seriously ill prisoner: My father has been died a death
09/10/2023
16:35 Autonomous Administration: 29 fighters lost their lives
15:52 2 women murdered in Serêkaniyê under Turkish control
15:50 Salih Muslim: We will resist the attacks until the end
14:08 5 women injured in the attacks of Türkiye
14:03 Legal organizations: Targeting civilians in Rojava is a war crime
13:46 Banner investigation against 8 women
11:56 Xoce: The status of Kurds is targeted with attacks
11:18 Citizens:'The source of the crisis is the government'
10:56 YPJ Spokesperson: ISIS is organized in Serêkaniyê and Girê Spî
10:31 Attack on gas station and oil well in Northern and Eastern Syria
08/10/2023
14:27 1 out of 3 detained politicians arrested
14:26 Siwêdiyê power plant was out of service due to attacks
14:25 Residents of Maxmur marched against the attacks
13:03 Journalist Sarya: Türkiye is committing war crimes
11:31 Journalist Kanbal: Detentions are aimed at creating perception
11:30 Autonomous Administration: The aim of attacks is to leave Kurds without status
11:01 Aydeniz: Öcalan's physical freedom must be ensured
10:43 Aydar: Öcalan foiled the conspiracy with struggle
10:26 Attack on Maxmur: Mother and her 2 children injured
06/10/2023
15:18 Journalist Kanbal accused of 'terrorism propaganda'
15:16 Green Left Party: The attacks are no different from the ISIS mentality
14:17 Electricity station of Cizre region bombed
14:12 Aktar said: The attacks are a century-old consensus
13:18 New application submitted by the families of Öcalan and other prisoners
12:47 246 people detained, 5 people arrested in 5 days
12:23 40 regions targeted in the attacks
11:31 Police raid on HDP buildings
10:49 Shengal been resisting the October 9 Agreement for 3 years
09:55 75 people detained in 11 provinces
09:53 A soldier injured in the conflict died
09:51 Journalist Ahmet Kanbal detained
05/10/2023
21:52 Turkey's attacks on Northern and Eastern Syria continue
15:34 Drone attack on power plant and petrol station
15:26 TAF's drone crashed in Hesekê
15:18 Autonomous Administration: Turkish public is being deceived with threats
15:17 Air attack on the south of Kobane
15:09 Statement regarding Fidan's claim that 'Attackers came from Syria'
15:04 Latest situation in detention operations
14:37 İmralı application to the prosecutor's office and prison
13:07 Attack on Hesekê after Fidan's statements
13:07 Şahin's body buried in Erdiş
12:27 Call from young people: Get rid of the drugs and prostitution from our homes
11:52 Political motives prevent the release of ill prisoners
11:30 Women from Rojhilat: Abdullah Öcalan should be free
10:54 Commission call to the Parliament: İmralı should be visited