Women struggling for Akarsel: Her struggle will grow

  • actual
  • 11:11 8 October 2022
  • |
img
ISTANBUL - Women, who were battered and detained while protesting the murder of Nagihan Akarsel who is a member of the Jineology Research Center, said: "We will increase her word, writings, pen and determination to struggle everywhere."
 
34 of those who gathered in Kadıköy on October 4 to protest the murder of academician Nagihan Akarsel, a member of the Jineology Research Center, who was attacked in the city of Sulaymaniyah in the Federated Kurdistan Region, were detained by the police. The women, who had been battered and taken into custody, were released the same day after their statements at the Istanbul Provincial Security Directorate. HDP Istanbul Provincial Organisation Co-spokesperson Besra İşsever and HDP Istanbul Provincial Organisation director Pınar Türkmen talked about the police violence they had during detention.
 
POLICE VIOLENCE
 
Stating that they were subjected to police violence during the protest they gathered for Nagihan Akarsel, Besra İşsever said: "We were detained on the grounds that there was an arrest warrant. We expressed that a statement to be made for a murdered woman friend is a constitutional right and we resisted for it. Some of our female friends were taken into custody by being beaten and dragged on the ground. They had broken noses."
 
HARASSMENT AND PSYCHOLOGICAL ATTACK
 
Stating that they were violently detained without any warning, Pınar Türk said: "Torture first starts by removing the members of the press from the area. This is the method they use to not get the image and information of torture. This is unfair and unlawful. Press releases are our human right. It is a method that should definitely be voiced. women are subjected to sexual and psychological attacks. It is a form of attack against women's bodies and the struggle for freedom. Any contact with our body, in whatever form, without our consent, is harassment. The law enforcement officers arbitrarily battered our female friends, pulling them by their hair. They are being detained by harming, pinching and kicking. These are abuses against our bodies."
 
'WE WILL CONTINUE THE STRUGGLE OF NAGIHAN'
 
Stating that Kurdish women have been subjected to similar oppression and violence for years, İşsever said: "We are aware that male-state violence is in our life in every field. We will continue to raise our voices against injustice and lawlessness everywhere. We are well aware that the justice system does not work in Turkey. We continue to expose these dirty war policies against women and youth everywhere. We are aware that the violence is also caused by the exposure of these dirty war policies. Despite everything, We will continue the struggle of Nagihan."
 

View More Articles

20/11/2023
15:21 Seriously ill prisoner Tanboğa hospitalized
19/11/2023
16:22 Freedom Marchers reached Gemlik despite obstacles
14:02 'Freedom March' from Istanbul set out with the slogan 'Bijî Serok Apo'
13:00 No information about the situation of journalist Ahmet for 26 days
12:59 Freedom Marchers set out for Gemlik together
12:42 Another drug gang leader caught in Turkey
12:38 Attack on US bases
11:56 Mehmet Öcalan: İmralı gates must be opened for a solution
11:55 'Freedom March' from Ankara set out
17/11/2023
16:56 Women started November 25 with slogans
16:37 Rakel Dink: They sent us back to the heaviest days of mourning
16:36 Detention in Izmir
16:32 Meeting application from Abdullah Öcalan's family and trustee
16:03 Çiftyürek: The state should comply with its laws, the isolation should be lifted
15:35 Women: The Turkish state is afraid of Abdullah Öcalan's voice reaching the public
16/11/2023
16:32 Hrant's Friends: Those who protect the murderers are complicit in the murder!
16:15 New 6-month ban for the lawyer of Abdullah Öcalan
16:09 Ecological massacre with dynamite on Mount Cudi
15:57 Writer Savran: Revolutions end the imperialist war
14:59 TUAY-DER Co-Chair Günay: Freedom March can be a way out for peace
13:42 'March to Gemlik for the future of our children'
15/11/2023
15:55 Appointment of trustee in Pirsus protested
15:52 Rojnews editor: This is not the first time KDP has kidnapped journalists
15:08 Prisoner writers told: Writing is the stubbornness of not leaving the struggle
14:13 Families complain about prison practices
13:55 'Abdullah Öcalan's physical conditions must be changed'
14/11/2023
15:46 Meeting application from Asrın Law Firm for Abdullah Öcalan
15:45 Bahçeli targeted the Constitutional Court: It should be closed!
15:33 Mother tongue protest during MEB budget negotiations
15:22 'Freedom March' call from Peace Mothers
14:19 Journalist Germiyani: KDP evacuated 158 villages
14:01 Seyit Rıza's grave place not been disclosed for 86 years
13:04 Number of children who lost their lives in attacks increased to 4 thousand 630
12:57 Drone attack on Shengal
13/11/2023
16:41 Invitation to the 'freedom march': The real power to lift the isolation is women
16:28 'Obstacles to the physical freedom of Öcalan must be removed'
15:57 HEDEP: We will overthrow the trustees
15:09 'Call for Peace' signatory Aday: We need organized courage
14:18 No news from journalist Ahmet for 20 days
14:17 Perpetrators of Selamet Yeşilmen been protected for 8 years
12/11/2023
14:22 Uçar and Bayındır became the new Co-Chairpeople of DBP
13:47 Daughter of seriously ill prisoner Çam: He should be released for treatment
13:30 Emphasis on 'equal representation' in the final declaration of HEDEP'
12:07 'Call for Peace' signatory actor Alkaya: Isolation is a crime, being against it is a right
11:32 Muğuç: We make a digital bulletin regarding the isolation of İmralı
10/11/2023
17:07 March from lawyers to the Supreme Court
16:11 Application from family and trustee of Abdullah Öcalan
15:57 Raids on the wards in Patnos Prison every day!
15:51 Response from Kavala to Bahçeli
15:49 Preventing the release of 7 prisoners from Prison