Organizers of 'Freedom for Öcalan' campaign call for action

  • world
  • 09:49 1 October 2024
  • |
img

NEWS CENTER - The organizers of the campaign “Freedom for Abdullah Öcalan, political solution to the Kurdish issue” called on everyone to take action within the framework of the campaign between October 1-10.

Days before the first anniversary of the “Freedom for Abdullah Öcalan, a political solution to the Kurdish issue” campaign, which was launched on October 10, 2023 in Strasbourg, France, demanding the physical freedom of PKK Leader Abdullah Öcalan, the organizers of the campaign called for action. The organizers of the campaign called on everyone to take action within the framework of the campaign between October 1-10 on the first anniversary of the campaign. 
 
In the statement calling for action, the organizers mentioned the actions and activities carried out in the last year and reminded that the European Committee for the Prevention of Torture (CPT) was forced to meet with the organizers of the campaign and respond to their letters as a result of the pressure. “Our efforts reached such a level that the CPT itself took the unprecedented step of responding to our letters and meeting with us” the statement said. 
 
LETTER FROM NOBEL LAUREATES
 
The statement noted that in the past year a wide range of international networks of lawyers, trade unions, politicians, activists, artists, musicians, women's organizations, youth groups and geographical regions have been established, and numerous press conferences, rallies, protests, sit-ins, stand-ins and seminars have been organized.
 
The statement reminded that in the first year of the initiative, letters were sent to the CPT President signed by many intellectuals and thinkers, including 69 Nobel Laureates, and that many articles on the Kurdish issue and prisoners in Turkey were published in the international press.
 
CALL FOR ACTION BETWEEN OCTOBER 1-10
 
Tha statemenet said: “But despite all our efforts, unfortunately we have not yet been able to end the isolation of Kurdistan's leader Abdullah Öcalan, who has been illegally held by the Turkish state for 3 and a half years. Therefore, as we approach the first anniversary of October 1-10, 2024, we would like to send a clear call to all of us to do more, as we believe that we are close to finally breaking the international conspiracy that denies the voice of Mr. Öcalan and his message of reconciliation for the Middle East.” 
 
'ÖCALAN WILL NOT ABANDON US AND WE WILL NOT ABANDON HIM'
 
The statement called on everyone to step up their efforts, conduct more diplomacy, organize more reading days of Öcalan's works, and organize more actions to break the isolation and stated: “This is an intellectual battle of ideas and we believe we can all succeed if we refuse to give up. Although Abdullah Öcalan has been held on a deserted island for a quarter of a century, he has not abandoned the Kurdish people and humanity, and we will not abandon him.”
 

View More Articles

06/01/2025
12:48 Statement of 80 bar associations on Tahir Elçi
12:21 'Neither Erdoğan nor Bahçeli, we trust Abdullah Öcalan'
11:53 Attack on journalists violates Geneva Convention says Lawyer Tamur
10:47 North and East Syria is a reference for Arab Alawites says Celal Fırat
09:11 Öcalan's call must be heeded says TOD-DER Chair
05/01/2025
17:07 Ecologists at Qamishlo border
15:49 Emine Şenyaşar at Kobanê border
15:41 Gurgin Oktar releases after 30 years
15:11 'Justice minister' in Damascus turns out to be woman murderer
14:49 Çiğdem Kılıçgün Uçar: Solution is to open the Imrali gates
Keskin Bayındır: Struggle will continue until freedom
13:12 Rojin Kabaiş's family: They threw her into the water after killing her
11:57 'No solution without lifting isolation'
11:56 X accounts of MA, JINNEWS and Yeni Yaşam blocked
10:57 Ankara will not get its way in Syria says journalist Aktar
10:25 Jin magazine: Our life was always a fight
09:51 'Parliament must make arrangements to pave the way for democratisation'
09:27 Solution in Syria possible with Democratic Nation says Aldar Xelil
04/01/2025
16:21 'Honourable life in Rojava is no longer a utopia'
16:04 IHD and relatives asks fate of disappeareds
14:43 Fierce clashes in Tishreen
14:40 Justice demand for the disappeared Efeoğlu brothers
14:10 İrfan Aktan: Yesterday JİTEM, today UCAV
Hayko Bağdat: Murdering journalist, the culture of opressors' violence
13:48 Day 23 at Qamishlo border: We are behind message from İmralı
12:49 Equal conditions must be provided for a solution says Nilüfer Koç
12:01 'Solution possible with Öcalan's freedom'
10:01 Nazım and Cihan: They risked everything for the truth
09:33 'We will respond to massacres by strengthening organization'
03/01/2025
16:37 'If you are sincere, you will give voice to the will for a solution'
16:19 Heavy clashes in Manbij villages
15:57 Thousands march to Kobanê border: Rojava resistance will win
15:55 KCDP 2024 report: 394 women murdered
14:23 Kobanê border: Öcalan's every word that will reach us will build peace
13:48 UCAV attack on municipality building in Tebqa
13:48 Kobanê neighbourhood communes mobilised
13:10 Families applies to go to İmralı
13:09 We prevented from talking her roommate says father of Rojin Kabaiş
12:15 3 women in struggle for freedom: They will not be forgotten
12:01 People gather in Pirsûs for march to border
11:14 The war for trade and energy lines will expand says journalist Şah
10:40 The right to hope non-negotiable says lawyer
09:28 His 4 son in prison, 2 of them ill
02/01/2025
16:34 Everyone must take responsibility to end war says Peace Mothers
16:23 Tens of thousands march to Qamishlo border: Öcalan call to social opposition
15:49 2024 rights violations in prisons in Turkey
15:19 Press freedom in Turkey report
14:51 Ill-treatment of prisoner who objected examination in handcuffs
14:24 SDF issues statement on SNHR
14:04 'Bar Association must play its role and oppose isolation'
13:45 Talks must continue, state must take steps says people on border in Qamishlo
13:21 Clashes at Tishreen Dam